Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

The new regalia, not a costume it is graduation suit or a native American suit

 In Firefight, we go with David, Prof, and Tia to Babylon Restored, another city in what used to be Manhattan, to confront the Epic there, Regalia, and for David, to attempt to discover replies about Firefight.

I concede, when I began Firefight that I was baffled to discover we were getting another cast of characters – Abraham and Cody were two of my top picks from Steelheart, so not having them there on each experience was disillusioning. Joined with the reality Megan wasn't with the posse I may concede I was somewhat less enthused.
regalia

At last, I preferred the new characters we got the opportunity to meet – Regalia is not the same as Steelheart, which was truly intriguing, and Mizzy has this irresistible energy that makes her difficult to loathe. At last, I missed the old posse, yet once I adjusted to the new gathering dynamic, I very loved this one as well!

The setting helps me somehow or another to remember the city where the Zaltana's live in Maria V. Snyder's books, or the city in the Rain Wilds of Robin Hobb – in spite of the fact that those are treetop urban areas. In Babylon Restored, Regalia has raised the water levels, making a city made up of high rises scarcely surfacing, associated by spans. I think Rinn was right on the money with saying it has a wilderness vibe – the scaffolds, the plants and the feeling of being less modern that originates from the raised water levels and the individuals outdoors unquestionably caused me to feel that way as well.
regalia


I felt like Firefight had a significant distinctive feel to Steelheart – David's igniting with questions, there isn't as clear a strategic, one truly comprehends what to think about Regalia, and the group is unique. The distinctions aren't awful in any way, and obviously, they're fundamental except if you simply need something very similar twice, it's simply that I was very connected to the first! For me actually, I preferred the away from the principal book, and there were times when Firefight helped me a little to remember Jurassic Park 3 – like it was attempting to 'one-up' the peril level contrasted with Steelheart however rather just went a piece excessively far.